KINGDOM OF CAMBODIA
NATION RELIGION KING
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
GENERAL DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
IMPROVING SOCIAL SERVICES PROJECT
Request for Expression of Interest (Re-Advertisement)
Short-term National Individual Consultancy to develop and update manual for Commune/Sangkat Financial Management System
After adoption of the law on commune/Sangkat councilor election in 2001 and law on Commune/Sangkat (CS) administration management, the first general election for commune councilors was held in 2002 leading to establishment of CS administration including CS clerk and CS fund. Two key sub-decree was issued in 2002: sub-decree#16 on establishment of CS fund and sub-decree #26 on CS financial management system. To implement key provision in the sub-decree #26, Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) issued Prakas #331 on CS budget formulation and execution. In 2015, MEF issued another Prakas #275 on petty cash advance for sub-national administration. Besides these sub-decrees and Prakas, a 2003 refresher training manual on CS financial management system and many related guidelines and manuals were developed for CS administration.
UNICEF Cambodia in collaboration with Ministry of Interior has organized many training programmes on financial management system for commune/Sangkat; however, due to absence of an updated and simplified manual as well as digital tutorial materials tailored to the needs of the CS, it has been difficult to address the knowledge gap that continue to exist at CS level. Therefore, the 2003 training manual need to be modified and updated to capture latest development of regulations issued by relevant ministries.
Therefore, Ministry of Interior, with technical and financial support from UNICEF Cambodia, are seeking a short-term national consultant to review the existing manual and guidelines and update the manual by simplifying as much as possible in response to the actual capacity needs at CS level.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
▪ Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent, or PhD) in finance, economics, social policy, development, or related fields
▪ Minimum of 5 years professional experience working on sub-national administration budget in Cambodia
▪ Familiarity with the decentralization and de-concentration reform and public financial management reform programme particularly on sub-national budget system reform strategy
▪ Possess technical knowledge of the commune/Sangkat planning and budgeting process
▪ Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills
▪ Fluency in English and Khmer
▪ IT literacy