Ministry of Tourism
Vocational School of Tourism Project (VSTP)
AFD Loan No 1126.01
Announcement for Recruitment of Procurement Assistant
With the loan received reference to from the Agene Françoise de Development (AFD). Ministry of Tourism aims to establish Vocational School of Tourism (VST) for, with two campuses: one in Sihanouk Ville and another in Phnom Penh (the Project). The VST will be a training place and assessment center. It has to become a center of excellence for MRA implementation. Certainly, it must implement ASEAN curriculum at minimum to strengthen the Tourism Sector through capacity building and strategy development for the public and private stakeholders. PMU intends to recruit Procurement Assistant has duties and obligations as follows:
• Assistant the procurement office for all related procurement jobs to perform successfully the implementation of VST and PRCC projects.
• Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, and in compliance with procurement rules and regulations of AFD and the Cambodian government.
• Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/ award contracts), ensuring standard processes are followed.
• Review, record, track and priorities purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services
• Manage the procurement process of good for PMU’s office and project functioning (identify suppliers who are able to supply goods, dealing with them for goods pricing, delivery date).
• Prepare initial purchase orders (PO) and contracts for review by relevant officers
• Arrange and facilitate all meeting relating to procurement including but not limited to bid opening, evaluation and review.
• Prepare bid opening record and comparative statement of offers, present at procurement committee meeting and prepare minutes.
• Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, including contractual to access, and supports reporting requirements
• Draft routine correspondence, reports and papers related to the unit’s work.
• Perform other duties assigned by Project Director.
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Procurement, Logistics Management or a relevant field is an distinct advantage
• Experience of undertaking procurement exercises or tenders for goods and services
• 2 to 3 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement.
• Good working knowledge of MS Office application (Word and Excel), email and able to easily navigate the internet.
• Fluency in spoken and written English